I was born in 1978 in Gemlik. I finished my primary and secondary education in Adana. In 2003, I graduated from Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University. Between 2003 and 2009, I studied in the otorhinolaryngology residency program at Ankara Training and Research Hospital. I fulfilled my compulsory service at Duatepe Hospital in Polatlı. I worked in my capacity of Otolaryngologist at Yildirim Beyazit Diskapi Training and Research Hospital from 2012 to 2016, and at Ankara Training and Research Hospital from 2016 to 2018. From the beginning of my residency program, I attended a number of courses and meetings at home and abroad, especially in the field of rhinoplasty, where I had the chance to improve my rhinoplasty philosophy and technique.
In 2013, I attended a cadaveric course designed for facial plastic surgery, which involved rhinoplasty, facial rejuvenation, filling and botox applications, in Erlangen, Germany. Having successfully passed the qualification test held by the Turkish Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery in 2014, I was awarded my Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Qualification Certificate. In the academic year 2014-2015, I graduated from Otology School of Turkish Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. In 2015-2016, I graduated from the School of Facial Plastic Surgery where an interactive training is provided in such fields as Rhinoplasty, Facial Rejuvenation, Filling, Botox at Turkey’s major clinics for a period of 1 year, organized by the Turkish Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. At the 37th Congress of the Turkish Society of ORL and HNS held in 2015, we have been awarded the ”Best Research Award” with our research “The effects of the stem cell on ciliary regeneration of injured rabbit sinonasal epithelium”.
Since April 2018, I am a member of the Board of the Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Society, Ankara. I am married and father of two children.
During my residency program, I had the chance to work with Dr. Eren Tastan, one of the most prominent rhinoplasty surgeons of Turkey, and this was the first time when I decided on proceeding with nose surgery; and over the years, my desire to work in this field has increased exponentially and still continues to increase. Being conscious of the fact that health is a whole, together with body and mental health, what I love most about my profession is that we can reach both constituents of our patients’ health with the functional and aesthetic nose surgeries we perform. We get our share from the gleam in the eyes of our patients and, my patients and I, we proceed on our way as a happy family growing day by day.
DISSERTATION IN MEDICINE
Maksiller Antrostomi oluşturulan Tavşan Modelinde Tekrarlanan Topikal Mitomisin C kullanımının Antrostomi Açıklığı Üzerine Etkileri (Effects of the Use of Repeated Topical Mitomycin C in a Rabbit Model with Maxillary Antrostomy on Antrostomy Clearance) (An experimental study)
- The effects of repetitious topical use of mitomycin C on antrostomy patency in maxillary antrostomy created rabbit model. Kavuzlu A, Arslan N, Tastan E, Islam A, Ustun H, Aydogan F.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2011 Nov; 268(11):1597-603. Epub 2011 Jun 5.
- The effects of the stem cell on ciliary regeneration of injured rabbit sinonasal epithelium. Kavuzlu A, Tatar EÇ, Karagöz T, Pınarlı FA, Tatar İ, Bayır Ö, Korkmaz MH.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2017 Aug;274(8):3057-3064
- A unique case of a postrhinoplasty epidermoid cyst. Tastan E, Kavuzlu A, Demirci M, Sungu N. Rhinology. 2010 Jun 1;48(2):244-6.
- Is there any effect of montelukast on prevention of myringosclerosis after myringotomy in a rat model? Kargin Kaytez S, Kavuzlu A, Yumusak N, Oçal R, Akkoca O. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2018 Oct 30. doi: 10.1007/s00405-018-5181-3.
- Kolestatom ve İletim Tipi İşitme Kaybı (Cholesteatoma and Transmission Hearing Loss) Ali Kavuzlu, Ali Özdek, Curr Pract ORL 2014, 10(3): 35-40
- Is there any relationship between the frontal cell and the Agger nasi cell and the localization of the anterior ethmoid artery? Aydoğan F, Demir S, Aydın E, Taştan E, Kavuzlu A. Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg. 2011 Nov-Dec;21(6):326-32. doi: 10.5606/kbbihtisas.2011.050.
- Is There a Relationship Between Serum Levels of Vitamin A,Vitamin E, Copper and Zinc and Otitis Media with Effusion in Children? Filiz Aydogan Emine Aydin • Eren Tastan •Necmi Arslan • Mehmet Senes • lhan Unlu •Ali Kavuzlu Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg DOI 10.1007/s12070-012-0564-z
- Kavuzlu A, Tatar EÇ, Karagöz T, Pınarlı FA, Tatar İ, Bayır Ö, Sönmez AA, Korkmaz MH. “The effects of the stem cell on ciliary regeneration of injured rabbit sinonasal epithelium” Turkish National Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Congress, October 28-November 1, 2015, Antalya, Turkey (Best Research Award Winner)
- Arslan N, Kavuzlu A, Oğuz H, Üstün H, “Atipik Fibroksantomu Takiben Gelişen Buccal Malign Fibröz Histiyositom, 10th International Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery Congress, April 26-28, 2012, Ankara, Turkey.
- Kavuzlu A, Kaya Çelik E, Çadallı Tatar E, Yaylacı A, Bayır Ö, Saylam G. “Üst Gastrointestinal Sistem Endoskopisini Takiben Gelişen Bilateral Otoraji (Bilateral Otorrhagia following Upper Gastrointestinal System Endoscopy)” 36th Turkish National Congress of Otorhinolaryngology – Headand Neck Surgery, November 5 to 9, 2014, Antalya, Turkey
- Mehmet Hakan Korkmaz, Volkan Yücel, Emel Çadallı Tatar, Ömer Bayır, Ali Kavuzlu.“Postentubasyon trakeoözefageal fistül onarımı (Postentubation tracheoesophageal fistula repair)” Turkish National Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Congress, October 28-November 1, 2015, Antalya, Turkey
- April 16 to 19, 2013, 12th International Erlangen Course in Facial Plastic
- March 5 to 7, 2012, Snoring and Sleep Apnea Surgical Procedure, GATA
- December 2 to 4, 2011, Cadaveric Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course, Akdeniz University
- May 26 to 31, 2007, Otoplasty Courses for Temporal Bone Surgical Anatomy and Prominent Ear Deformity, 29th National Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Congress
- April 7 to 8, 2007, Approach to Voice Disorders Course, Turkish ORL Clinics
- January 11, 2007, Snoring and Sleep Apnea Course, Turkish Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Foundation
- November 17 to 18, 2005, 23th Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Cadaveric Dissection Course, 3th Istanbul Masterclass
- November 19 to 20, 2005, 4. Septorinoplasty and Radiofrequency Cadaveric Dissection Course, 3th Istanbul Masterclass
- January 23 to 25, 2004, Septorhinoplasty Course, Turkish ORL Clinics
CONGRESSES AND MEETINGS
- October 27 to 29, 2018, Rhinoplasty Philosophy and Live Surgery II, Rhino Ankara
- April 5 to 7, 2018, 13th International Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Congress
- October 27 to 29, 2017, Rhinoplasty Philosophy and Live Surgery, Rhino Ankara
- October 28 to November 1, 2015, 37th Turkish Congress of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
- December 16 to 18, 10th National Congress of Facial Plastic Surgery Society
- October 9 to 11, 2015, 9th National Congress of Facial Plastic Surgery Society
- November 5 to 9, 2014, 36th Turkish National Congress of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
- April 17 to 19, 2014, International Congress of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
- January 14, 2012, Current Approach to Vertigo, Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Foundation
- October 13 to 16, 2011, Vertigo Academy 2
- October 26 to 30, 2011, 33th Turkish National ENT – HNS Congress, the Turkish Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
- May 19 to 22, 2011, 7th Turkish Congress of Rhinology
- March 11 to 14, 2010, Evidence-Based Approaches in Otorhinolaryngology
- May 28 to 31, 2009, 5th Turkish Congress of Rhinology
- May 29 to June 1, 2008, 4th National Congress of Rhinology
- September 6 to 9, 2007, Current Topics in Otology
- May 26 to 31, 2007, 29th Turkish National ENT – HNS Congress
- December 22 to 23, 2006, Audio-Visual Conferences in Otology and Neurootology
- November 25 to 26, 2005, 3th Cochlear Implantation, Otology-Neurootology, Audiology Congress